Saturday, April 30, 2011

UPDATE - INCOMING!!!

Folks,

As has been transpiring for months, my immersion in production of my monstrous film project "Taking Shelter" (see below) has thoroughly inhibited me from writing any new reviews for Cinertia. The summer months will see a quantum of catch-up, picking up where I left off (the execrable "Skull: A Night of Terror") and continuing down the alphabet from there. No promises as to exactly when this will happen, but it's coming, I can assure you of that.

However, I know you are all out there dying for more. So I have a treat for you. For a full two years before I began this blog, I was reviewing films in the margins of my personal blog, including many, many Canadian movies. So, as a gift to my flock, I'm going to start posting those reviews here.

With these early reviews especially, it should be kept in mind that I am just getting to know the field, as well as finding my legs as a writer; the judgments are often less than final. I'll be revisiting these alongside the new titles and seeing how my reportage stands up as I move toward a less ephemeral print rendition of these judgments. In the mean time, these will be at least a fun and informative way to pass the time! Lots more to come. Enjoy - JC

No comments:

Post a Comment