Thursday, April 21, 2011

A brief commercial message

ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT! ORDER NOW!

Hi friends -

As many of you know, I have been working for several years on a feature length collage of vintage Canadian movies, entitled "Taking Shelter". (I also plan on adapting the reviews on this blog into a book about the movies of the same era). Since receiving an Ontario Arts Council grant last year I have pursued this project full-time, and it has become a consuming passion for me.

It is also an incredibly involved and complicated project, and one that has taken longer to complete than anticipated. In short, my artist fee has run out, and I am broke.

Therefore, I am inviting you to support this project through a funding drive I have established on a site called IndieGoGo. Through this site, with your credit card, you may make donations to help me complete this project by early 2012 as planned!

Here is the site:

http://www.indiegogo.com/Taking-Shelter

Look at it this way: this is your opportunity to 'pre-order' copies of the movie at comradely rates. You may donate less or more according to your ability - the site details the many incentives I am offering for your money.

I know there's a lot of competition for your paycheque right now, and a lot of good causes out there. I am sufficiently committed to this project that I am asking you to consider this appeal among the many others that you have heard. I am creating something entirely new here, and the impact of this project is going to be huge once it is complete.

This is your chance to help me make it happen.

That site once more:

http://www.indiegogo.com/Taking-Shelter

Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment